Yes, you can edit a duplicated form in both the GoFormz mobile and web apps.
Duplicating a form can be incredibly useful when users are tasked with completing a document that shares significant amounts of data with a form they have already filled out. For example, if a landscaping team were to complete several projects for the same client, duplicating a form that already contains the project’s client, location and contact information can save time that would otherwise be spent filling in redundant data. In such a situation, duplicating the existing form and making changes to the few fields that are different results in beneficial time savings (rather than wasting time filling out a completely new form with the same information).
Editing a duplicated form is easy –– let’s walk through the simple steps and get started:
In the GoFormz mobile app
- Select the Form Actions button
- Tap ‘Copy’
- Rename your duplicated Form
- Edit the fields you would like to change
In the web app Form Editor
- Open the Form you wish to duplicate
- Open the Form drop down menu (upper right hand corner)
- Select ‘Duplicate’ - once your form has been duplicated, a dialogue box will appear alerting users that they are now editing the duplicate form (if you are duplicating a completed Form, your new Form copy will be generated as a draft)
- Add your new form name
- Click ‘Save Changes’
- Edit the fields you wish to change
Looking for more ways to streamline your form creation and completion? Click the button below to learn to Auto-Email completed form copies to clients.