Effortlessly bring visual context to your daily forms, by sketching over embedded diagrams.
Telecommunication businesses rely upon cutting edge technology to deliver content—why should media paperwork be treated any differently? Nonstop media demands a digital solution to traditional paper forms, check out these mobile form features that will help your team produce and document meaningful content.
When it comes to implementing GoFormz, a general understanding of the platform’s features is enough to take your business to an entirely new level of professionalism. But going digital is so much more than a polished image, check out three unexpected ways mobile forms will change the way you do business.
With our advanced features like Calculated Fields, GPS, Photos & Image Fields, Sketch Fields and Offline/Online Sync you can capture better data on the go from wherever you are using your Android or iOS device.
- Calculated Fields allow you to define and embed formulas in a form. Calculated fields do the math for you and can reference other fields in your mobile form to supply the values for equations (ie the formula for a Total field can use the value entered in the Quantity field and multiply it by what’s entered in the Price field.) Reduce errors, save time and always produce accurate numbers.
- GPS fields provide mobile form users a unique piece of data that a paper form cannot. With a simple tap on your mobile device, these fields capture your exact location, apply a timestamp with coordinates, and populate a small map image with a location pin. You now have the ability to easily and accurately record location information.
- Photo and Image Fields provide visual information that a textbox simply cannot. Mobile forms give you the ability to include images directly on your form and use the built-in camera on your device to capture them. Visual information captures details that are often hard to describe.
- Use Sketch and Draw fields to augment your images and highlight key points. Simply circling or pointing at a specific area on a photo helps to clarify details. Being clear and concise saves time.
- The Offline/Online feature is one of our customers’ favorites, especially if they often travel to remote areas. With the offline feature, it will save all the data inputted and once your mobile device reaches a signal, the data is automatically saved and routed back to the office. This means no lost data and the ability to fill out your mobile forms anywhere.
For hundreds of years people have been filling out forms on paper. Using paper forms is an error-prone, time consuming and outdated process. With the proliferation of mobile devices like iPads in the workplace, mobile forms have become vital tools for modern businesses. Filling out forms on a tablet means increased efficiencies, reduced costs and access to the advantages of digital technology. This ebook discusses seven of the most important mobile form features and their benefits.
At GoFormz, we are pioneering the new breed of Mobile Forms that are simple to use and will modernize your business. With GoFormz you can start capturing data electronically, look more professional, and modernize how your team works. GoFormz is dedicated to helping every business in the world eliminate paper forms, work smarter, and modernize how your work gets done.
To create this eBook we identified the highest impact characteristics of mobile forms that contribute to the modernization of businesses and business processes.
Sneak Peek of what you will learn:
Feature 1: Photo & Image Fields
Photo and Image Fields provide visual information that a textbox simply cannot ... Mobile forms give you the ability to include images directly on your form and use the built-in camera on your device to capture them.
Feature 5: Automated Workflows
Automation is key to increased efficiency in the modern business world. One of the most valuable features you can leverage from a mobile form is the ability to easily instrument workflows or triggers. For example, a mobile form can automatically email and forward copies of the form (for approval signature, record keeping, etc) when it is completed.
DOWNLOAD THE EBOOK TO LEARN MORE ABOUT HOW MOBILE FORMS CAN HELP YOUR COMPANY.
A Vehicle Inspection form on an ipad or android device (or really, any smartphone or tablet device) empowers you to capture more information and in greater detail than on a paper form. As a mobile form, the vehicle inspection form quickly captures visual information, highly accurate numeric and text details, and has built-in workflow and routing that streamlines your record keeping process.
- Text and Number fields are used to capture specific details of the vehicle needed for record keeping such as a VIN number.
- Sketch fields allow the inspector to visually reference points of interest by simply drawing over a 4-angle car diagram.
- Image fields allow for photos to be added on the form for a visual record of any damage, wear and tear, etc.
- Once the form is properly filled out, the inspector can type in a few quick notes, sign, date and complete the form. An automatic workflow can email a copy of this form to the appropriate party.
Adding Sketch fields to your forms transforms the way you capture data in the field. GoFormz users often utilize our Sketch fields to annotate photos and images they have taken with their device’s camera. You can also use Sketch fields to annotate diagrams and images that are built-in to your mobile forms, like a car diagram commonly found on vehicle inspection forms. The setup process is simple.
Login to your GoFormz account and open the template in which you wish to add this capability. In this example, we will be using a vehicle inspection form.
Locate the Sketch field in the toolbox on the left-hand side of the template editor.
Drag and drop the Sketch field onto your template.
Now determine what section of your form you would like to sketch over. For our vehicle inspection form we want to have the ability to sketch over the entire car diagram.
To resize, click and drag the edges of the Sketch field so that it fits over the designated area. The field should cover the area like this:
Save the Template and create a form to test your Sketch field.
Once your form is created, tap on the field. This will allow you to start sketching or applying our new indicator arrows to highlight specific aspects of the diagram or image.